AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) is a recruitment examination organized by the Indian Air Force (IAF). The examination is held twice a year in the months of February and August, applications to which are made available in December and June respectively.
What’s New in AFCAT 2018?
- NCC Special Entry (Flying) & Meteorology Branch: This year’s AFCAT examination will also be used to recruit NCC Special Entry into flying branch and Meteorology branch under the Ground Duty section.
- Aadhar Card: From 2018 onwards, Aadhar card has been made mandatory for AFCAT application.
- Mode of Answering: From this year onwards, the written test will be a computer-based test (CBT) i.e. candidates will have to use the mouse to report answers on a computer screen.
- Application Fee: AFCAT 2018 will not be free of cost, rather an application fee ofRs. 250 shall be taken as application fee.
AFCAT 2018 Important Dates:
|Release of Notification for AFCAT 2018 (I)||16th December 2017|
|Submission of Online Applications||20th Dec 2017 (6:00 PM IST) – 23rd Jan 2018 (extended)|
|AFCAT 01 2018 Admit Cards||7th Feb 2018 (Postponed)|
|AFCAT 2018 (1) Exam Date||25th February 2018|
|AFCAT 01 2018 Result Declaration||1st week of April 2018|
AFCAT 2018 Details:
|How many vacancies are there?||Not mentioned yet, will be updated soon|
|What is the Language of examination?||AFCAT 2018 exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi languages.|
|what is the Mode of Answering ?||a computer-based test will be used as mode of answering.|
|What is the eligibility?||Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination.|
How to apply?
|Things to do||Need|
|Application Fees.||250 rupees|
|Photograph Specification||Colored passport sized scanned photograph – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.
|Signature specification||Scanned Signature – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.|
|Thumb Impression||Thumb Impression (left thumb for male candidates and right thumb for female candidates) – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format|
AFCAT Selection Procedure:
Candidates who are short-listed based on AFCAT/ EKT will be called for further testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs). AFSB or Air Force Selection Board is the board responsible for selecting officers of Indian Airforce. Thus if you want to join the IAF as an officer you have to appear before the board for an interview. There are four AFSB boards in India. These are in Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar and Varanasi.
The AFSB’s are numbered for convenience.
- AFSB Dehradun – 1AFSB
- AFSB Mysore-2AFSB
- AFSB Gandhinagar – 3AFSB and
- AFSB Varanasi -4AFSB.
after clearing the interview you will be called for the airforce training institutes.
|Official page||Click here|
|Selection process details will be available @||Click here|
|AFCAT 2018 Application portal||Click here|
|Useful materials and details will be available at||Click here|